badge badge

SATURDAY 19 NOVEMBER 2016, 14.00
Cae Seilo
Attendance: 75

Y Felinheli

Callum MacDonald 1'
Connor Japheth 85'

2 - 2

Amlwch Town

Luke McGiven 43'
Gethin Roberts 83'


Despite turning up in all their flashy gear (some more than others) the officials raised concerns to the condition of the pitch but thanks to the hard work of Daf Pin and Daf Pin Junior and following a quiet word from Euron the pitch was deemed playable.

Following Felin's draw with Meliden the lads were going into today's match in high spirits.

Kick off under-away and before Fiona could even serve her second portion of chips to Eifion Felin had taken the lead. Cal McDonald skipping his way past the Amlwch defence to slot home the opener within 15 seconds. Contender for fastest goal of the season?

Felin continued to take the game to Amlwch, their defence struggling to handle the pace of Bonc and McDonald. Bonc tormenting the left back with his pace - delivered some great balls into the box only to lack the end product. McDonald came close to doubling Felin's lead only for the keeper to pull off a great close range save. Minutes later a Felin free kick was whipped into the box - falling to the knee of ''he scores when he wants'' Ifan Emyr, only for the ball to go wide of the post. You'd have bet your house on Ifan to score. Again Felin went close to doubling their lead, this time the crossbar denying McDonald's his second for the afternoon. 

Minutes before the half and against the run of play it was Amlwch who went on to score. Felin losing possession in the middle of the park, saw the ball played out wide and whipped into the box. The mud playing its part in holding the ball up for the Portman's striker to smash in from 5 yards out - Marc Wyn helpless to stop the equaliser.

Finding himself 1 on 1, Daniel Hughes went close soon after the re-start to put Felin back in front only for the keeper to deny him.

HT - 1-1

Second half underway and the pitch conditions made it hard for both teams to play football. Felin continued to apply the pressure on Amlwch's defence - the keeper and side netting coming to their aid. Tackles were flying in from both teams - making life for the officials hard.  83 minutes in and it was Amlwch's turn to take the lead, a solo effort saw their midfielder skip his way past 4 players to find himself in front of goal, slotting away to make it 2-1.

Felin reacting from the re-start with Amlwch conceding their 40th foul of the day. Iwan Eds on free kick duties floated the ball to the back post only for Connor Japheth to score from the tightest of angles-luck of the Irish some would say. Minutes later Amlwch were reduced to 10 men when their skipper was shown a second yellow following a professional foul on Iwan Edwards. Things went from bad to worse for Amlwch when a straight red was then shown to their centre half following some colourful language towards the match official, Martin Hughes with the move of the match sprinting from his own half in order to get involved in the scuffle (Chris CGM private sessions starting to pay off for him) . Daniel Hughes playing the UN Peacekeeper managed to avoid a punch-up despite Islwyn Bonc efforts in preventing his intervention.

Despite being 2 men down Amlwch almost went on to claim all 3 points, only for the side netting to deny the left back.

FT - 2 - 2

1 point earned or 2 points dropped? Felin penalised again for not taking their chances in front of goal. On a positive as Euron mentioned after the game ''the day to be concerned is the day we aren’t creating these chances'' and based on recent performances that day is far from happening.

Report by Matthew 'Fish' Hughes